Thursday, May 27, 2010

Year and a Day

Next month marks my 24th birthday as well as my 10-year anniversary in following my religious path. To commemorate this anniversary, I've decided to reattempt my year-and-a-day training. For those who are reading who have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, I'll fill you in. In Wicca, before we dedicate ourselves to our spiritual path, we go through a study and exploration process that has been labeled as year-and-a-day training. It is usually seen as the time you focus inward and study to see if this is the right religion for you. Most people suggest it should take about a year (and a day), hence the term, to fully understand your religious path. The actual time people spend will vary. The first time I did this was a little over 10 years ago, and it took me almost 2 years to complete. This time I am dedicating 53 weeks of my time.

As I mentioned before, this is not my first attempt. This isn't even my second. Almost 2 years ago I tried to reattempt my training, but quit around the 20th week because of some emotional issues. Then I had become a member of Magicka School and had enrolled in their free beginner courses. I had the elders at the school erase my previous grades so I could re-do their Wicca and Tarot classes. I'm thinking of doing my quizzes on the days of the full moon and using the time in between for study and reflection.

Day One begins Tuesday, June 1, which is also the start date for my English Comp 1 class at school. :) I have no idea how I'm going to fit this in my already busy schedule, but I will, somehow. I want to find balance in home, school, and spirituality. This is something I feel I need to do.

No comments: