Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wolf Moon Ritual

Last night, during the full moon, I couldn't do anything outside like I had hoped. It had rained all day, and the temperature had dropped, leaving it quite chilly when the moon was rising on the horizon. Instead, I decided to reflect on things my mother (or mother-like figure, depending on whether or not my mother was home at the time) used to do.
I am currently sick with allergies. My face is swollen due to the cedar and plane pollen that is currently in a high count these past few days. With being 8+ months pregnant, this has caused my body to be aching in every place imaginable. So, I remembered what my mom used to do for me when I was a little girl with a nasty head cold.

She'd run a nice warm bath for me to sit in and stick a small bucket of scalding hot water with globs of menthol camphor in it and a towel over my head so I could breathe in the steam. Seeing as I'm no longer a little girl, and I have no bucket and no camphor, I bought mineral bath salt and oil from Natural Therapy specifically for cold & allergy symptoms, ran an incredibly hot bath, then sunk myself right into it. Best. bath. ever. I ended up falling asleep and stayed in the bath for a good half hour because of it. :)

No comments: