Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Reading Material

So, one of my daughters has scarlet fever. We thought it was a regular cold, but throughout the weekend she just kept getting worse, so when I took her to the doctor, she tested positive for strep. When I gave her a bath, she was covered in a red and itchy rash, which is caused by the strep, which is scarlet fever. Poor kid has been miserable for almost a week. I wish we had caught it sooner. Instead of doing a reading for myself on the 5th's dark moon, I just enjoyed my time with family. Maybe I'll doing a reading for myself later.

I've started reading a new book. The Book of Black Magic and of Pacts by Arthur Edward Waite. I was watching the movie The Craft and decided to look up the book that Nancy is reading inside the witchy shop. Now I know that the book is bound with the title "Invocation of the Spirit" or something along those lines, but I Googled lines of the actual text shown and found Waite's book. I don't honestly believe in black/white magick. I'm very much of the same mind as the store clerk in that movie, where she says, "True magic is neither black, nor white - it's both because nature is both. Loving and cruel, all at the same time. The only good or bad is in the heart of the witch. Life keeps a balance on its own." Either way, I'm interested to see what this book has to offer. It's rather old, first published in 1898 (the edition I found was published in 1910.) I have no idea what to expect, but I'm of an opened mind, so we'll see.

I'm behind on videos on my YouTube channel and haven't been able to participate in the witchy collab channel these past few times. I'm tired and sick and sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'll be seeing doctors soon.

Blessings to you all.

No comments: