Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day One: Reflection: Some Goals

Finally! The first of the month is here! Have I mentioned that I am super excited? Can you tell?

We're going on vacation in 3 days, so I've been busy cleaning the house, packing, and making sure things are in order. I will probably continue this until Thursday when I hope everything is done. I don't want to panic at all on Friday. So today, between my shifts of schoolwork (even though I am a week ahead), dishes, and errands, I've been taking time out for a bit of reflection. I have some goals I hope to accomplish by this time next year or sooner. I've been organizing them in my head while I sit and meditate.

I am not happy with my weight. If I don't end up pregnant again, which seems to be the norm here, I hope to have lost twenty pounds. It's true that I could probably do this within a couple of months, but I'm not happy with my personal eating habits either, and that's going to take some time to change. We'll see how it's gone at the end of the year.

My marriage needs a little work, I think. It's nothing drastic, or dramatic; we're good communicators, but in times of stress, we seem to take it out on each other. I, at least, go to therapy to vent to a shrink for an hour once a month and come home feeling refreshed. I also smoke, which is a nasty habit. I hope to find other, healthier, outlets for stress. I don't want to end up bitter and grumpy. I like being perky.

I will be making a lot of adjustments, both in my life and in this house, within the next twelve months, and only a few house projects will be easy. I want this house, like my soul, to feel like sacred space. I don't care that my husband is atheist and doesn't give a damn about theology, but I do and I want to incorporate it into our lifestyle as comfortably as will be allowed. J is okay with me being religious, he just doesn't want any religion shoved down his throat.

More reflection to follow.

No comments: