Tuesday, June 8, 2010

End of Week One

It's the start of week two and I can honestly say that the past week, other than reflection, I haven't done much to focus on my spirituality.

I am currently on vacation, staying at my in-laws. My own mother just lives down the street from my mother-in-law. Mother is a nondenominational-Protestant pastor. I took my daughters to her church on Sunday and they had done the Last Supper/Holy Communion/Sacrament that day. I can honestly say that I don't like her church. The people there are nice enough, don't misunderstand, it's just the feeling of the whole institution. I felt out of place. I hadn't been there since my middle child was about 9 months old, and now, with my third child at 10 months, it may have just been the large gap in time. Then again, time doesn't really matter to me. If I feel comfortable in an area, it doesn't matter if I've been there before or if a large time has elapsed since my last visit. I will always enjoy it.

I felt horribly awkward on Sunday. I left immediately after the service was over. My daughters had had a decent time, but even they preffered going to the Latter Day Saints church and even the Jehovah's Witnesses' Kingdom Hall over my mother's church. I just did NOT like the vibe I was getting in that institution. I enjoyed seeing old friends, but I could have had a better time bumping into them at a barbeque.

Faith focus was accidently put on the back burner. I've been spending time with my family and enjoying the free time with friends. I rarely get to do that back home without my kids, so I've been enjoying my time. Maybe this week I'll do a bit of study on my refresher course.

No comments: