Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Melting Beliefs

The exercise for today involved the one from yesterday. Today I needed a candle holder, a white taper candle, and the words from yesterday. After meditating on the emotional meanings of these words I found a common theme: FEAR. FEAR is the source of the anger, confusion, and refusal of educating oneself of the meaning of the words. Fear guides the mistrust, discomfort, and misguided actions toward others. I even have fear of using the words due to the reactions others may have of them.

Taking a knitting needle (I couldn't find a pin and my witch cabinet is in the craft room), I wrote the word FEAR on my candle and burned it. The melted wax will be buried far from home, the fear of the words symbolically melted away and physically buried. I found the perfect spot at the old Christian church that is up for sale. No one will be there to disturb it.

Throughout this journey, I hope to be rid of my own fears in these words and the reactions of others due to their own fears.

No comments: