Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Questioning Your Path

Why am I exploring the Wiccan path?
It's the one faith I have felt the most comfortable in.

What were my previous spiritual practices?
For the longest time I was pretty agnostic. I have always felt there is a higher being somwhere. Before that I was Protestant. I had been raised in Baptist and Pentecost churches but never really felt connected. I felt fear and discomfort.

Did any of these practices lead me to investigate Wicca?
No. I didn't even know that Wicca existed until someone brought Teen Witch by Silver Ravenwolf to Home Ec. class in the 8th grade (11 years ago). I only knew of 4 religions, three of them being Judeo-Christian and the last as Buddhism. The fact that there was an Occult intrigued me. So I began searching ALL faiths as a personal project, just to better understand them. Wicca was the one that most intrigued me, the one that felt the most comfortable.

What are my hopes in engaging in this path?
Connecting more with myself and the energy that surrounds me.

What are my fears in engaging in this path?
That I'll half-ass it like I do just about everything else. (I'm busy, dammit!)

How will I handle friends and family members who might not approve of my spiritual search?
You know, at this point in life I just do not have the time to care about what other people think of me. If they don't like it, it's their prerogative, but I'm not going to sit there and waste my time trying to convince them of something they don't want to hear. I don't have the energy. If they don't like it, they can move on. I'm done stressing about it.

Aside from transitioning to a new spiritual path, are there major events that impact my life at this time (for example, births, deaths, divorce, job loss, etc)?

Yes, my husband lost his job in May and we've been trying to make ends meet since. It was 4 months on Monday and today was his second job interview. I have had a couple, but I at least have two minimum wage jobs. Unfortunately they are both part-time (25 hours or less per week) and it is not enough. J's unemployment insurance isn't going to last forever and if either one of us does not get hired for a full-time paying job above 10 an hour, we are going to be struggling.

If I have major life events happening right now, is this the best time to explore a new spiritual path? Why/why not?
I'm quite sure that now is not the best time. I have a lot on my plate between homeschooling, my own education, two jobs, and job seraching. I am horribly exhausted 90% of the time. However, I feel horribly disconnected from reality and this journey is what is keeping my feet firmly planted on the ground. I like the introspection; it helps me keep my sanity.


*spend time in quite contemplation of these answers

No comments: