Monday, September 6, 2010

Year and a Day

Attempt # 3610249857
-Or, at least, it feels that way.

I'm starting over for the umpteenth time, but this time I have Roderick's book, Wicca: a Year and a Day, to help me out. Like he says on the back cover of the book; "The path of the Witch involves the slow unveiling of the power of the earth, particularly as it manifests in our own lives. This process moves at the pace of the seasons themselves."

Exercise of the day: Sit in nature, use 5 senses to commune with Earth. Envision roots digging into the earth connecting to humans, plants, animals and objects. Analyze connections.

Experience: I feel my strongest connection with humans, or at least the essence of humans. It's not as strong in the animals, and even less in the plants, and almost nonexistant in objects. I believe the strength of this connection has to do a lot with what I can relate to. I feel the most connected with humans because I feel human. The desires, the wants, the needs, the reactions, are human, formed in society as well as nature.

As for my weakest connection, though I enjoy material things, I feel little to no connection to objects. I have no love for them. Maybe a few years ago I did, but I've gone through some experiences where I learned to go without and I realized that all objects can easily be replaced. It is life that matters the most to me, especially the lives of my children.

I really don't feel the need to be more connceted to objects. I understand the need for them - that is as far as I will allow that connection to go. I do wish my connections to plants and animals were stronger, though. I should spend more time with my pets and garden more often to ratify this problem and strengthen my connections.

Tools to gather this month:

  • candle holder
  • white taper
  • farmer's almanac
  • 2 orange tapers
  • compass
  • 1/4 oz of myrrh resin or powdered orris root
  • self-igniting charcoal
  • 2 green tapers
  • 1/4 oz herbal blend consisting of dried meadowsweet and powdered oak bark
  • indigo taper

No comments: